Skid steer W/blade or blower

Discussion in '<a href= target=_blank ?>Sn' started by tru cut, Dec 11, 2000.

1. tru cut

tru cut LawnSite Member

I have a chance to get a bobcat 763 w/300hrs cab heater aux hydo 61" blower & bucket. My question is for doing drives would you go for the blower or do you think a blade would be more efishent(spell ck).I would be using it mostly on res.but maybe on some small comm. or for inbetween cars at an apt. complex.I can rent it first to try which i will. we are at 3-5 for tonight and 5-7 tomorrow.i will try it when we are not going to get a lot so i have some time to try different things and not be rushed
  2. Michael Fronczak

Michael Fronczak LawnSite Member

I bought a 753 this year for plowing, with 8' snowblade, works mint for doing town house complexs we do, visablity is awsome, you can see exactly where blade is going.
    Only problem we've had is with icy conditions on pavement and heavy snow, machine tended to slip more, spin tires,more than a truck would.
  3. BENCO

BENCO LawnSite Member

we use an 864, 873, and a 773 all with plows. works beautifully at very tight condos and apts. we also use them at large trucking docks like frito lay and places like that.
  4. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

Try a snow pusher box blade on a skid steer.
    Much more productive than a plow.
  5. Matt

Matt LawnSite Member

How about putting a V blade from either swede or boss on the skid steer, seems as this might be a little more versitile than the pusher box. I know you aren't going to get the same capacity as a box put seems as though the versitility may overcome that disadvantage.
  6. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

John"s right pusher box es are the only way to go much faster than a blade plus neater too.

OBRYANMAINT LawnSite Senior Member

concern with a bow might be you cannot back drag from garages closely if it were to be used in private developement