1. tru cut

tru cut LawnSite Member

firedog;welcome,always good to have to have an other opinion.how do your skidsteers work w/the plow&pusher? Ihave thought about using one it seems like thay would be a lot faster than a truck to do some placies becouse you can spin around so fast and push the opp.direction in stead of backing up.i would like to use one instead of a truck the only draw back is thier ground speed 6-9mph. not a majour consern becouse all of my acc. or w/in 3mi radius.could you please give me your thoughts,thanks<p>----------<br>Todd <br>

2. firedog

firedog LawnSite Member

Todd, it all depends on snow conditions. my angle blade works very well for loading docks, around dumpsters, islands etc. i also use it where I can't get a truck. I have tried to use it for long straight aways but you have to much spiilage due to not a lot of speed. as long as you have light snow they are great. haven't had any tire slippage yet. the pusher also depends on how wet the snow is. I was pushing a lot of light fluffy snow to no end, but the minute you get the pusher full of heavy wet snow you done. it doesn't have the power to push. over all I wish I had 3-4 more of them. I found out that each blade has its own applications and it would be nice to have both blades for both machines so if one didn't work you could change them. (future thought.)

3. firedog

firedog LawnSite Member

did I confuse you. If you like you can call me at 708-754-2323

4. tru cut

tru cut LawnSite Member

Firedog do you drive them from site to site or do thay stay at the same site all year<p>----------<br>Todd <br>

5. firedog

firedog LawnSite Member

i trailer them around during the storm. I tried leaving them at a site this past winter but there were things in the area being stolen. i had a plow taken off one of my loaders. so now I have to trailer them around with 1 trailer. it's a pain but better then them getting stolen I guess?

6. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Just as a side note, i run a pusher and a blade on my loader. Why? because each blade as it's use. If the loader is plowing roads through a lot, the blade is better. It scrapes better, and you can turn better with it. Only if there are no cars the pusher is great. When there are cars i run the blade.<p>Geoff

7. firedog

firedog LawnSite Member

todd, are you planing on buying a loader or do you have one, and what type if you have one.

8. tru cut

tru cut LawnSite Member

No i dont have a loader or skid steer yet i realy dont know which way to go. Icould use a skidsteer for my landscape work bbut a loaader would be better for snow<p>----------<br>Todd <br>

9. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Todd,<p>Check out kubota's mini loabers. They can also run a backhoe attackemt. These loaders have 1 and 1.5 yard buckets. They also can plow snow very well, i run a 8 foot blade on my kubota 520. These loaders will out stack a truck in height any day. They will move snow bankings back, only not as fast as a bigger loader. These loaders work very well for plowing small and tight lots. I have been useing mine to plow these types of lots, if you line up a few close together. This machine will make some big bucks. Works great on drives too.<p>Geoff<br>