Skidsteer Loader Business

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by ARP, Feb 28, 2005.

1. ARP

ARP LawnSite Bronze Member

I am an 18 yr old high school senior and have been operating my own lawn and snow removal business since age 10. I will be heading off to business school in August with the goal of learning how to run the financial side of my own landscape/excavation/snow removal enterprise. I would like to start out my business operating skid steers and expand my business from there into heavier equipment and bigger contracts. I am getting my class 2A hydraulic hoister's license at the end of March 2005 through my uncle's construction company. I am trying to determine several things : 1.) whether it is feasible to start my own Bobcat based business during college or if I should wait until I graduate. 2.)What kind of capital I might need, and what models of equipment, preferably Bobcat or Cat, I should start with. 3.) What kind of tow vehicle, preferably Ford, should I use. 4.)What kind of contracts should I pursue when first starting out.

Can anyone help me out with my questions or give me suggestions on how to start my business?