1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Skidsteer recommendations?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by dmk395, Jul 27, 2003.

1. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

I may purchase one.....the jobs I usually rent them for are loam and grading, also something to move mulch around....nothing too serious...recommendations of machine..price new?
  2. Lawn Tek

Lawn Tek LawnSite Senior Member
    from u s a

Caterpillar , track mounted !
  3. Pelican

Pelican LawnSite Member

Try a search, there's a lengthy discussion in the archives listing different opinions. I'm a Cat man, myself.
  4. SLC1234

SLC1234 LawnSite Member

Go with the Cat, easy operation, and soild construction. Just My two cents
  5. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

What does the cat cost?
  6. cat320

cat320 LawnSite Senior Member

try getting a machine that has good dealer support and that is close by for repairs and such.Cat seams like a good machine I like the deer or new holland myself easy to do your own reapirs and maintaince pluse the stability of it on unevan ground.
  7. worthbrown

worthbrown LawnSite Member

I wanted A/C in a 55-60 hp range, and I liked the Bobcat S185 the best. About 23K new with air, which is worth every penny.
  8. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

Mustang Manufacturing makes a great skidsteer in my opinion. We run a Mustang 2105
  9. Arnold

Arnold LawnSite Member
    from Wyoming

I like them all. I have used Case, Bobcat, Cat, and John Deere The only thing I have to say is get them with weights and/or fluid in the tires. It make them easier to operate.