skidsteer snowblowers

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by PTSolutions, Feb 15, 2010.

1. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

need some advice on skid steer mounted snowblowers in the 84-96" range. any recommendations, which ones to avoid, things to look for??

will be mounted on an 05 ASV RC100 with hi flow hydros rated at 38gm at 3300psi, machine also has the 14pin round electrical connector.

will be used for doing a 60+ home HOA with driveways that are about a trucklength long and 2 cars wide.

heres a pic of the drives:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

so far ive looked at the bobcats, and FFC branded 84" dual motor unit for approx $9K

2. Blue Goose

Blue Goose LawnSite Senior Member

Not me, a friend of mine in N.D.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

dont get one, all snow fall in the western hemisphere will cease..

Ask Kaiser and RSG.

4. alco

alco LawnSite Senior Member

5. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

6. J. Peterson Grading

J. Peterson Grading LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

Get a Kage plow. You don't need a blower.

A blower is going to be a huge waste of money, believe me I have one. Its handy when the snow gets deep or drifted. But the rest of the time its just there and usless.

A Kage will be the best tool you could have on accounts like this.

J.

7. alco

alco LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, I pretty much got that......

Don't tell me you actually thought I was serious.

8. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

we got a second JD skidloader here on campus 2 years ago. and for the last two years we got almost no snow. then we get hammered this year. So murphy does reside here as well.

I too have been looking at the potential for a snow blower for the skid. One of the things we have to do is move snow off an artifical field. and it would be nice to just be able to "skim the top" and not have to worry of snagging the turf....

We use a sweepster broom mounted to the front of the loader and it does a really great job up to about 6-8" the only problem is that you really can't operate it around people too much...

9. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

Murphy's Law........becoming a very close friend of mine. Yea, I bought a beast of a blower for almost $9k.......it just sits because of lack of snow. This blower is the same as Shane's and will blow the snow 60 plus feet and hog a hole through snow like nobody's business.....if you have snow to blow. I used it one day and was thouroughly impressed with the performance. I have the 2400XL from Quick Attach, 84" wide and cuts 36" deep and it also came with a truck loading chute which I have yet to have the pleasure of using.
    With those little driveways a walkbehind on tracks may be another option for 1/10 the price of a skid mounted unit.

10. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

rock,

i was looking at the quick attach....Ive got their grapple bucket and was impressed with the build quality...