skidsteer tire marks.....a problem?

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by steveair, May 8, 2000.

1. steveair

steveair LawnSite Bronze Member

hello,<p>From the other discussion, I was thinking about good machines for sidewalks. I thought about skidsteers, but then remembered a experience I had.<p>We rented a case 85xt with a sweepster this spring, and on concrete, it left a load of tire tracks. Now, I'm not saying some could of been prevented (my skid steer days are few between) but no matter what, it seems like you leave a few. After I left the marks, the my supervisor was concerned about the 'look' of them on are concrete surfaces. I told him they would go away, which they did, but it took almost a good month.<p>I was wondering if any of you who use skidsteers have had a problem with people complaining. Even though they disappear over time, its deffinitely enough to ruffle some super's feathers for a while.<p>steveair

2. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

With the snow on the ground it isn't an issue. The snow gets in between the tires enough to prevent laying strips.<p>Geoff