skidsteer with mulcher

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by JTS Landscaping lawn, Mar 12, 2011.

1. JTS Landscaping lawn

JTS Landscaping lawn LawnSite Senior Member

im looking to do land and lot clearing more and trying to find a place in michigan that rents skidsteers with mulcher attachment for clearing paths and all.

2. lukemelo216

lukemelo216 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ...

good luck. Not a lot of places rent those anymore at least around me, maybe its different by you. The places by me though dont, except 1 and its like a 300$ per day rental for the attachment itself. And if you break a blade or bend it or whatever, you need to replace them. And there like $125-150/blade depending on type size etc.

3. ForestCreekLandscaping

ForestCreekLandscaping LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

The mulchers use carbide teeth on a rotating drum not blades. Call your local bobcat dealer. They should be able to help you or set you in the right direction.

4. lukemelo216

lukemelo216 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ...

well im sure those are even more expensive if you break one of those ive only rented one 1 time, and i just remember it taking a long time to find someone who rented something like that

5. JTS Landscaping lawn

JTS Landscaping lawn LawnSite Senior Member

thanks for the help guys hopfully can maybe find some place. be nice to just by one and a skidsteer but unfortinitally not i budget right now unless can land a few more jobs to make it worth while atleast. i know the mulcher attachments are pretty pricy. ill do some checking and see what can find

6. BIG"J"

BIG"J" LawnSite Member

Check with kubota of west mi. They have a cutter to rent, along with a asv if you need it.If i remember right its around $325.00 a day for both. Ask for dennis. Grand equipment might have something also.