1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Skin reaction RE fungicides/insecticides

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by americanlawn, May 21, 2007.

1. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

For the past four years or so, I have experienced redness/blistering on parts of my hands during the season when I use Banner or Compass fungicides, as well as Scimitar & Crosscheck insecticides.

Two years ago, I went to a dermatologist, and he prescribed Clobetasol Propionate USP, 0.05%. I use this cream periodically, and it "contains" the problem during the growing season. My symtoms go away during the winter, but symptoms always return the following spring.

I wear spray gloves, but I only clean them thoroughly every two weeks or so.

I know this is an allergy that my other employees do not seem to have a problem with ??? It seems to be only me.

Bottom line: Anybody having these skin allergies? Thanks.
  2. turfsolutions

turfsolutions LawnSite Senior Member

Try using blue Nitrile Gloves. (like surgeons gloves) A box of 100 cost around $12.00. I go through a box every 2 rounds. Maybe that will help.
  3. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

You are using unlined gloves-right? Try throwing them in the washer with your spray clothes--keep 6 pair on hand so you can have clean gloves every day.
  4. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Hi RigglePLC.....good idea. I'm gunna try it. (looks like I mistakenly posted this one twice - oops).
  5. Grassworks Inc.

Grassworks Inc. LawnSite Member

I have an employee who has a reaction problem with Forbid miticide, otherwise no problems.