1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Skip the weedeating, except for........

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LAWNS AND MOWER, Jun 14, 2002.

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

Was 1/2 way through mowing this yard yesterday when the lady comes out and tells me, "Skip the weedeating this week except for the places your mower can't get". Hello in there!! Isn't that the main purpose of weedeating. Get the spots with the weedeater that the mower can't get to. Lady is a sweetheart but not the sharpest pencil in the box.

2. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

Make sure that you only blow off the walks and driveway where you got grass clippings on, too :)
  3. Make it an easy day for yourself and only edge the walks & drive.

Oh yeah, and only mow on the grass.

I'll bet this lady is fun to work for.
  4. TFL

TFL LawnSite Member

have little old lady exactly like this. i always bag her yard but one day she comes out and ask if why i was bagging her yard and if it would cost extrta. i just said no charge. even though she was already paying for it in the price she pays every week:confused:
  5. scottb

scottb LawnSite Senior Member

I have two accounts like this but the reason is that no one had ever trimmed or blowed the messes up before,so they just arent used to it.
  6. ADMowing

ADMowing LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Lawns & Mower -- this is exactly what I needed today! LOL

Thank you for sharing! I was literally LMAO!!! Thanks for the bright moment. I needed it!!!

I can just IMAGINE this poor little lady and the LOOK on your face! I wish I had seen it!!! :confused:

A & D

7. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

sounds like one of my customers sort of. he only wants it cut and blown off, he does the eding and weedeating (sort of a friend). the 36 obviously won't get everything in tight areas, so instead of paying me to trim it, he wants me to bring a 21" to trim mow the areas the 36" won't get (normal line trimming stuff, not big areas).