Slabbed with a well

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by lehrjetmx, Apr 9, 2008.

1. lehrjetmx

lehrjetmx LawnSite Member
    from Jersey

Hey came across a bid with a house that is on a slab and the builder put the water connetion witht the pressure tank in the middle of the house. Why I'm not sure but my question is: Can I hook up before the pressure tank in the ground from the pump to the pressure tank? I usually hook up after the pressure tank but before the treatment tank to keep a steady pressure. I'm thinking that the well pump would have to run non stop with the sprinklers going. I have installed systems off an irrigation well with a relay and all that. But I have never come across this otherwise I'll have to plumb through the house or contract it out.
    Thanks for the input guys.

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like a beeyatch, but you can tie in that way, and operate with the absolute requirement of matching well output (and that can drift lower over time, so you may need a controller with a 'rest' capability)

I would use a waterworks compression tee for the cut-in.

3. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Oh I love those in the middle of home hook ups! You just run the pipe up into the ceiling, through the attic, then down the entire side of the house to the backflow. Then the great irrigation guys get to go in the attic to fix all the freeze damage.

Somebody stop the insanity!!!!!!!!!!

4. Tom Tom

Tom Tom LawnSite Bronze Member

Its ok, just think Monday = temps in the 70's = phone ringing off the hook

5. lehrjetmx

from Jersey

Thanks Wet Boots

6. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry, I didn't have any real help for ya. Not enough experience in wells. Just another story from in the field.

7. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Around here that's a normal hookup. Most irrigation systems are tied into the mainline running from the well into the house. Only the scrubs hook up in the basement (or where ever the tank is) and back out the wall again. The pressure switch and tank won't care what side of it you are on.

8. lehrjetmx

from Jersey

Thats not what I wanted to do!!! Didn't think the home owner would want me dragging my 1 inch hose though their house every winter!!!!
    Now thats insanity!!!!!

9. lehrjetmx

from Jersey

Jason-
    Thats not very nice:hammerhead: We hook up in the crawl spaces too!!!! :dancing: Thats just the way we do it up here in the ARMPIT. One way isn't better than the other is it!!!! Just pulling your leg thanks man!!!

10. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I think we have 3 that we do that. One has RP in basement (with catch basin - meets code) and comes out below grade, no exposed copper to tie in a tee. Other two the owners want us to do it that way because the last company always did it that way. :dizzy: I charge a little more to do it. No carpeting to worry about.