slacker employees

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Four Season's, Apr 8, 2004.

1. Four Season's

Four Season's LawnSite Member
    from Maine

How do you guys find good help these days?

For me its near to impossible. All I hear is moaning and complaining from my worker. He just doesn't seem to take pride in his work or take any interest in the business. Just there to earn his drinking money, I guess?

2. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

Does he really drink? I never found a drinking man that was a good worker. Sure there are some, but the one's I ever saw were either still drunk from the night before, or hung over. Bad combo with power equipment. Best workers I ever saw just smoked a little. (glad I'm solo) Good luck.

3. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

what exactly is the employee complaining about,maybe it's something your doing...

4. trailblazer98

trailblazer98 LawnSite Member
    from Maine

Camland has a good point. Maybe your just not paying him enough. He may just be a slacker though. There are plenty of them in the world.

5. chevy1tondualyjd

chevy1tondualyjd LawnSite Member
    from Maine

i think that your employees slack off because there is either not enough work to be done or maybe your just an overly fussy bastard

6. Four Season's

Four Season's LawnSite Member
    from Maine

One of his complaints is that we start too early in the morning. HeWe start at 7:00-7:30. In fact, I have to give him a wake up call in the morning. He also complains that mowing is too hard for him and he doesnt know how to operate the equipment. After 5 years in the business he should know better. I also have to pick him up every day of work because he doesn't have his drivers liscense. I pay very competitive wages. After thinking about it, I guess maybe if he doesn't like our work he can go work at a donught shop!

7. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

At least there he would be making more.........." dough".

(Sorry about that. I just couldn't resist.)

8. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

there are very few good employees in the green industry,,,,,if they are any good and can speak english they mostly go in business for themselves!

9. Turfcutters Plus

Turfcutters Plus LawnSite Senior Member

Employees are a bunch of cry babies.Maybe you should supply pacifiers!

10. themowingguy

themowingguy LawnSite Member

that's like the old saying....sorriest worker is the first to water jug!