Slammed on the brakes to watch a guy use his string trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Merkava_4, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Merkava_4

Merkava_4 LawnSite Bronze Member

I did ... I was on my way to the supermarket when off to the the right was a guy in his front yard using a Stihl FS 90R. I slammed on the brakes to make a sharp right turn and pulled up in front of the guys house real quick. The look on the guy's face was priceless, and then when I said I stopped there just look at his string trimmer, I could tell he thought I was NUTZ!! :laugh: I started asking him a bunch of questions, but he said he just bought the string trimmer an hour ago and was using it for the first time before I showed up. It sounds great - doesn't have the high pitched scream of a 2-cycle. :)

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

That is very improper driving, I dare say it borders on reckless endangerment
    but I do believe it certainly qualifies as loss of control.

3. Merkava_4

It's all good - it was Clovis Avenue - 3 lanes and nobody behind me for miles. :)

4. clean_cut

clean_cut LawnSite Bronze Member

Hahahahah, I can just imagine the look on his face... You ummm... want to look at my trimmer? :laugh:

5. AOD

AOD LawnSite Senior Member

You slammed on your brakes to check out a guy's trimmer. C'mon. I could see maybe to check out a nice car, truck, bike or boat. Maybe even a chainsaw, but a trimmer!?

6. rain man

rain man LawnSite Silver Member

"Take it...take it man. Just don't hurt me"

7. Merkava_4

That's right ... a string trimmer. :D

8. Alan0354

Alan0354 LawnSite Platinum Member

Don't under estimate the bond between a man and the trimmer.............!!!!............:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

9. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

Man, life in Clovis must be.....well.....ahhhhh.....boreing ?

10. Merkava_4

It was until I got to see a professional string trimmer in action ... that was cool. :)