1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

slate style wall?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by fga, Sep 11, 2004.

1. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

i have to give an estimate for a wall to be built. I have built 100 walls in my day, but never the slate style, chip and fit, if you know what i mean. i have to go about 1 1/2' high x 20' long. do you use cement caulking for added stability? and how do you estimate how many stones you will need? with the brick style, its a simple measurement, this i'm not sure, due to the randome lengths of stone. thanks.
  2. gvandora

gvandora LawnSite Member

Contact your stone supplier and they can probably tell you how many face feet you'll get out of a pallet of stone.
  3. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

1.5 pallets will do it adam. drystack with no backfill for better stability. eat your wheaties that day. it's a pain in the butt. i been using this glue that mac hooked me up with. good stuff. i tested it by gluing my mother in law to a park bench, havn't seen her since. i'll bring a tube with me when i see you
    fga likes this.
  4. gvandora

gvandora LawnSite Member

HAHAHA! Oh boy Bobby. I wouldn't want to cross you.
  5. Forest

Forest LawnSite Member

ROTFLMAO...Hey Bobby, that's awesome! You think you could send me a tube so I can demo it for the rest of you guys. LOL...JK.. :D

Best laugh i've had all week BTW, been looking to do something like that for the past year now!. LOL :blob3: :gunsfirin