1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

SLE or Southern Lawn Equipment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lambdin, Jul 19, 2008.

1. lambdin

lambdin LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Has anyone bought anything from this place? they have some really good prices, thanks?
  2. capelawncare.com

capelawncare.com LawnSite Fanatic

I see them on Ebay a lot, but no to answer your question

3. are you refering to" Southern Indiana lawn equipment www.siequip.com
  4. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

they are fairly local to me. Here's the thing to take into consideration...is the savings going to worth it if you have an issue and your local dealer won't service something he didn't sell?
  5. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I have never purchased anything from them but was curious myself. My local Toro dealer could not even come close to his price and let me know he would be in no hurry to do warranty work for me. That makes me scared to buy anything from them.
  6. Bigdog9501

Bigdog9501 LawnSite Member

I rolled the dice and bought a used 36 Gravely walk behind from their eBay site. It had 70 hours on it. They were easy to deal with at least over the phone and shipping was not an arm and a leg. Love the mower. So far no problems and it cuts much better than the Wright Stander that I have. I guess it boils down to if it is worth saving the money and then possibly having to wait a while to get it repaired if it does break down. Only you know your situation and what is best for you. Good luck!
  7. qualitylawnpro

qualitylawnpro LawnSite Senior Member

I Have Bought Several Mowers From Them! Great Prices Great To Deal With! With The Way Things Are Today Price Means Everything!
  8. TandM

TandM LawnSite Senior Member
    from south

one boy on here dillon has had a terrible time with them. no service at all. THe toro dealer in waycross I'm assuming right? why don't you come to brunswick and go to taits feed and seed. they are great to work with and are runnin specials on tiger cubs. They sell scag ztrs and walk behinds. honda self propelled mowers. shindaiwa and stihl handhelds. honda water pumps and generators. little wonder walk behinds blowers and chippers. and they have alll the grass seed and fertilizers youn need. And the maintenence and service is great!
  9. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

i bought a mower from SILE before and i wouldnt hesitate to buy from them again. they are very easy to deal with and will get you the best financing available. goodluck.

Horrible customer service!

I am three hours from them and was planning to purchase 6k worth of equipment. For that kind of money, at the least, I would like some basic customer service. They failed miserably...

Four days to respond to an email inquiry only after I emailed again to see if they had received my original email (only two questions) and rude phone support. I was hoping they would redeem themselves over the phone since some companies are not as efficient and adept with this new-fangled email stuff. LOL. No luck. The phone support was even worse.

I think they are all about volume sales (price) which is fine if you don't care about service. Just my .02