1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Sleaves or no sleaves

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PRECISION LC, Mar 4, 2002.

PRECISION LC LawnSite Member

What do you think about Cut-Off or Tank top shirts. Do you think they are a good idea for. i have seen lcos out there with tanks in and they look bad, and some with cut offs and they dont look that bad.
  2. f350

f350 Banned
    from mi

3. iski3d

iski3d LawnSite Member
    from NH

I think it would be ok. most of my customers are understanding abpout the type of heat i work in and no shirt or sleaves does not bother them, just have it be a company shirt with your logo on it and tuck it in.
  4. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

if you put your logo on it, and maybe not go white, it looks alright, but if its all sweaty dirty and not lettered, it looks bad.
  5. 2 man crew

2 man crew LawnSite Senior Member

When you say cut-offs do you mean the bottom or the sleeves?
    If you do mean the bottom I think that's kind of sloppy. If you mean the sleeves then I think that would be ok. As long as they are silk screened with your company name and the shirts are made without sleeves not cut off with a scissors. We had 3 types last year regular T's, sleeveless, and tanks. I will never buy tanks again they look like crap. I didn't think they would look that bad when I ordered them. But once the guys started wearing them.......:rolleyes: not good, real low class IMHO.
  6. TGCummings

TGCummings LawnSite Senior Member

I wear tanks. Tuck 'em in and they don't look half bad. I think the way you present yourself says more about you than the clothes you wear (within reason!) and tanks are a good alternative for those warm days.
  7. trimmer

trimmer LawnSite Senior Member

You all say that taking your shirt off to work is scrubby, I think the tank tops look a hundred times worse.
  8. keifer

keifer LawnSite Senior Member

Looks aside not having a two or three inch sleave would be that much cooler plus you need that sleave in case your nose starts to run ha ha
  9. RB

RB LawnSite Senior Member

Cut off sleeves w/logo a must. No tanks.
  10. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I have worn tanks for the last 2 season for tanning reasons, but my opinion could change on this matter an business continues to grow and expand.