Sleepless in Seattle, equipment theft

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by M Raggs Yard Service, Sep 23, 2004.

1. M Raggs Yard Service

M Raggs Yard Service LawnSite Member

Working at a tri-plex on Tue. (9-21) with only one short driveway in, I parked my rig in back. No one could enter or exit without me not seeing them, and no one came in or out. Did usual trim then got mower and while I was doing the front tiny grass space some low-life came from overgrown back property area and went through hole in fence (I asume this is how it hapened after looking over area) and police thought so to, and made off with my back-pac Echo blower and 3 month old Stihl fs 110 :angry: To all guys and gals out there no mater how short of time you do not have a visual on your equip. lock it up tight!

Hopefully tonight I can get this off my mind and get a good night's rest.
  2. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

A lot of the solo guys around here have been hit hard this year they wait for you to go in the back yard and grab what they can.Police even stop us one day to warn us it was happening.
  3. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Last year I had 3 trimmers, and 2 blowers stolen out of the garage over night. That was a good way to start to the morning. Needless to say I was on the phone with the dealer to get new stuff ready. Needless to say my stuff is no longer in that location as well. Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Better days lie ahead.