Sleeve hitch for Craftsman 19.5hp tractor

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by queen of spades, Mar 20, 2007.

1. queen of spades

queen of spades LawnSite Member

Can a sleeve hitch be installed on a 19.5hp Craftsman tractor? I would use groundbreaking equipment including a turn plow.

Also, does anyone make an adapter to convert old cat 0 three-point hitch attachments to the newer sleeve hitches?

Thanks!

2. GAskidsteer

GAskidsteer LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

Can't answer your question definitively, but, I have a Sears tractor with an 18hp and it has the sleeve hitch. Also have 2 of the old Surburbans with the 3 pt. hitch and attachments all of which I am going to be selling off. Contact me if you want more info. I'm just right down the road, in Macon.

Thanks,
    John

3. queen of spades

I could be interested in one or both of your suburbans. How do I contact you off site?

4. GAskidsteer

GAskidsteer LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

Just click on my screen name and send me a private message and I will give you my email address and phone number.

5. queen of spades

I've looked and looked, I don't see a private message link on your profile. my email is princess_and_castle@yahoo.com if you want to do it that way.

6. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

post the model number of your tractor, in order for a sleve hitch to be used, it has to be a garden tractor (GS), not an LT, YS, FS, MTS, or any other series of tractor. if it's an older one, it might not have the same classification, but post the model number anyways. also, if it's more than two years old, you have to special order one, because the mounting design changed in the last year.

the HP alone isn't enough to determine what it can do, or what attachments it can do, craftsman makes a 26 hp V-twin tractor that can't take a sleve hitch.

7. goodgame

goodgame LawnSite Member

Most of the 19.5 tractors that Craftsman has had in the last 15 years or so are Lawn Tractors, and can not take the sleeve hitch.

As someone mentioned, depends on the designation. They used to be called LT and GT series, when I was selling them.