1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Slice Pricing

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by americanlawnartists, Sep 10, 2006.

1. americanlawnartists

americanlawnartists LawnSite Member

I just bought a brand new Lesco Renovator, and was wondering what a rough pricing per 1000 sq foot for renovation with tall fescue would be. I was going by the rate of around $60/1000 sq ft.....and does anyone have good turn out without restarting the lawn with herbicide, just scalping really low. I've got a client that isn't too fond of chemicals. Thanks

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

If it's got decent grass (however little bit it is), that would be fine to leave it and go over it. It is when it's full of weeds and/or nasty stuff that we spray it off. We get around 70-75 dollars per thousand, here.

3. americanlawnartists

americanlawnartists LawnSite Member

4. somo1

somo1 LawnSite Member

Don't forget that if you spray for the weeds you need to wait about 3 weeks before reseeding. Unless you are using Round-up then you can quicker. I usually get 75/k but this year I dropped to 60/k to get more customers to repair/thicken their lawns after our hot,hot,hot dry summer.