Slick 50

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by southside, Jun 10, 2000.

1. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

I wouldnt use any additives or synthetics until full break-in of at least 100 hrs,preferabbly 200 to be safe.Stay away from PTFE,it has been known to clog filters and if its so slippery-hows it stick to the parts?Id try Tuff-oil if your must add something.Additves arent neccesary-and they rarely will do anything except make you feel better.BTW-is that efi 26 strong?<p>----------<br>John D<br>

2. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

The whole synthetic breakin period myth cracks me up. If GM sends a vette from the factory with mobile 1 then the break in period is not needed.<br>Now on rebuilt engines I use coneventional oil only because I drop the oil after a short run time and then the first 1000 mi because of residual contaminats in the block and dont want to waste 3.50 a quart.<br>As far as PTFE its not good,pieces of teflon floating in any engine is not a good idea.<p>

3. southside

southside LawnSite Senior Member

John D,<br> With the 48&quot; deck the 26hp efi seems<br>almost overpowered.Then again my last machine<br>was a Kubota with a water cooled Kaw 17hp<br>with 44&quot; deck and catcher. New machine is a <br>Walker with GHS. New machine took 5 hours <br>off my normal mowing time on subdivision,on the first try.<p>Karl<br>