slide in dump box

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by cantoo, Apr 13, 2008.

1. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

I bought a used slide in dump last weekend and finally got time to install it. It'll work good enough for now and we still have our 1 ton flat bed so should be fine. Next winter I will rip it apart and convert it to a flatbed dump. The truck is the one I bought last fall, still haven't taken the time to sand and paint the doors yet. I did pressure wash it to try to remove some loose crap.

100_0985.jpg

2. THRIFTY

THRIFTY LawnSite Member
    from (913)

That is really cool, I have never seen a "Slide in" dump before? But yeah, paint those doors!

3. cantoo

They are self contained, all you have to do is hook up to a battery. I can take it out and put it on my trailer in about 5 minutes. Here's a pic of our old Chev flatbed. Going to be retired soon. 450,000kms or so on it.

100_0978.jpg

4. bibbo

bibbo LawnSite Member

who makes it? do you have any more information on it? thats cool id like to look in to one

5. cantoo

6. bibbo

bibbo LawnSite Member

7. cantoo

No problem. I buy quite a bit of stuff at City auctions, some good and some bad. The hoist on the orange truck started out as a city truck too. I bought the orange one with a rusted out box on it, then bought a non running Ford with the dumper and hoist on it. Built the flatbed, robbed the hydraulics out of the dump box, put it under the flat bed. Then I fixed the Ford and sold it to pay for most of the orange truck and ended up with the dump for free. My cube van was a former High School maintenance van. People say I might be a little cheap.

8. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Cool, lol truck definetly needs painted, I saw a white chevy today that was way worse than that

9. cantoo

Yeah, these City trucks are yellow with white doors and for some reason before they sell them they brush yellow paint on the white doors. Makes them look better from a distance but the paint falls off quickly. I wish they would just leave the white doors on them then all I would have to do is give them a light sanding and paint them yellow.

10. ff1221

ff1221 LawnSite Member

Cantoo, nice looking dump box. I bought one last year, slickest thing in the world, goes in the back of our 3500 4x4, i'll probably put it back in later this week. Mine is a DEL, i'll see if I can find a pic of it.