Slime in rear tires of your Z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Titans Fan, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Titans Fan

Titans Fan LawnSite Member

Do any of you guys put slime in your rear tires to prevent downtime?

Just curious. My Lazer Z has soild front tires, but I'm thinking about filling my rear tires so I won't face any downtime due to flat tires!

2. jbell113

jbell113 LawnSite Senior Member

I slimed all of my tires, Z riders and Walkbehinds. I have puctured them several times. I know cause for a few seconds you can see the slime leaking out the hole until it seals.

3. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I think it's a good idea. Hustlers come standard with slime (or other brand) in the tires. It is a must for air filled front tires.

4. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

If you don't do the SLIME, be prepared to do the TIME!

5. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

So how do you guys do that? Do you put the slime in before you have any leaks. If so how do you guage your tire pressure? Thanks

6. paolaken

paolaken LawnSite Senior Member

slime all the time. every tire

7. tacoma200

You have to deflate the tires, pump it in, and then run the tires for a while to get good even coverage inside the tread area. Then check you pressure as always. Most of the slime will go to the tread area and it has never affected my air guage.

8. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

Like tacoma2000 said, take out the valve core and use the plastic tube supplied with the Slime kit. Replace the core, reinflate, drive the mower a few minutes , recheck/adjust the air pressure. You're done.

9. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

how big of a mess does this make when you have to replace the tire?

i just replaced the backs on my zd because they were getting leaks all the time.

10. tacoma200

Not sure, I've never had to replace one. But even if it took a little clean up when you changed tires that would be insignificant in comparison to the time slime will save you in down time.