Slime in the tires?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by qwikv6, Apr 22, 2004.

1. qwikv6

qwikv6 LawnSite Member

I have Scag Tiger Cub. Have any of you put a product called slime in the tires to prevent flats?

LMK.

:rolleyes:

2. soccerlawn

soccerlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have put slime in my front tires, because I have had several small leaks, and it really helps. The tires never lose air now.

3. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

We put slime in all of our mower tires, never put it in your trailer or truck tires though.

4. LynyrdSkynyrd

LynyrdSkynyrd LawnSite Member

I do not use it.
    I try to get a tube that fits the tire. Reason being. Slime breaks down and stops working after two years. Getting the tire off of a rim that has been slimed is a pain. Slime is not good for steele rims.

I am not saying that it is a bad product nor that it does not work. It just creates to many hassles for me when it is time for new tires or if they need to be repaired.

5. husqvarna600c

husqvarna600c LawnSite Member

i have had one flat ,since then i have used slime in my tires and have not had any more. i only have to check the tire pressure in the tires. but do not have to worry about flats. in this business time is money! as you are using your mower and run over something that would cause a flat if you have the slime in there you would never know. it will seal itself. a big time saver!

6. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I started using it this season. Bought it in GALLON size at TRACTOR SUPPLY for $19.99. Have used it with GOOD RESULTS on front tires of my Toro.

Mike

7. sheppard

sheppard LawnSite Senior Member

Won't use a mower w/o it.

Used to have leakes all the time. When I put the Slime in I never had another leak. Got a severe gash in bald tires so I changed them and put Slime in the new tires.

Can't say enouph about it.

Get it!

S.

8. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

works well.................

9. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I have all of the walkbehinds front tries done. I was sick of getting flats in the field, so I started to use it about 2 years ago

10. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I run it. I got it in the gallon jug size recently for the new Lazer. It works really well.