slime

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JB1, May 28, 2000.

1. having tire problems this year. who uses slime or a product like it, and does it work.

2. columbiaplower

columbiaplower LawnSite Senior Member

i use somthing like it works great<br>i think penzoil makes it<br>-nick

3. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

I've used something like it also.<p>had a flat on the front of the machine. no way am I gonna break that tire off and patch or replace a tube unless I have to.<p>squeezed in some of that stuff took a couple of passes in the drive and flat fixed!<p>GEO

4. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

Wal-MArt carries something similar for much less and it works just fine for small nail holes

5. Alan

Alan Member

I used it in two tires, one worked, one didn't. I've got foam fill in two sets of tires now, will have it in more as I replace worn tires. For what the foam fill costs I don't want to put it in a tire that will not deliver a full lifespan

6. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I use slime or slime-like-products in everything. One day I noticed a wet spot on my trailer tire, it was a hole. The wet spot was the slime sealing the hole. The tire lost only 2 or 3 lbs of air a week until I could fix it.

7. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

Just a note, J Thomas now offers tires that are solid and are supposed to have a good ride. I haven't tried them myself but I think they are a good solution to always patching mower tires. Prices aren't too bad either from what I remember $40-$60 per tire and that comes with the rim, I think the local Firestone charges about $40 to foam fill.

8. lawngator

lawngator LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Tried Slime twice with no luck. Bought a can of Prestone fix-a-flat ($3), haven't lost an ounce of air since.

9. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

i had the same luck with the prestone... put in in 2 main drive tires on my walkbehind that had slow leaks.... did that last november.... still havent lost air!