Slipperly Snot Stuff

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by branhamt, May 9, 2003.

1. branhamt

branhamt LawnSite Member

Let's here what is the best spray on product for the decks when in wet conditions like most of us are experiencing. Is there one product that helps better than the other?

GREEN THUMB LAWN SERVICE
    TOM

2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Never been a problem for me.

MATT

3. cblackwe

cblackwe LawnSite Member

Heard about this on this website..... PAM cooking spray, or the cheapest version of it. Spray on a (clean) deck first thing in the morning before leaving the driveway, it dries before getting to the first job. I guess it prevents the first layer from sticking and later in the day the dry grass cleans the wet stuff from the morning off. Either way at the end of the day, deck looks nearly as clean as in the AM. At $1 per can it is much cheaper than the time spent scraping the decks....:D

4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Try Mo Deck. It's available in the store here at Lawnsite. The link to the store is available on every page at the top.

5. Navig8r

Navig8r LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with the Mo-Deck suggestion...... Takes an initial application to a clean deck, then occaisional light applications to keep it going, but it does work! Be patient with it at first, but after a couple applications in the beginning, you will see a difference.
    I scraped my deck yesterday AM, and it was LOADED with clippings (haven't used MO-DECK since llast season)
    After cleaning the deck I put on a QUICK coating of MO-DECK, and went and mowed 2 yards that were overgrown (approx 1 acre each, 6" high)..... almost NO buildup, and what does stick, comes off real easy!!!!

6. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

My bad....thought you were talking about trailer decks.

MATT