Slit Seeder Aerator

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Kkane97, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Kkane97

Kkane97 LawnSite Senior Member

I have been looking for a deal on an aerator instead of renting, hopefully by not renting next season my profits would behigher. I found a slit seeder aerator on Cl for 350 obo do you think its a good deal I am thinking of offering 200 and work up from there.
    Btw 18hp motor

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Kkane97

I forgot to mention that I used to rent a classen 17" 3.5 hp aerator only from home depot for $86 for 24 hours.last season a friend and I banged out 5 lawns in a day 1/2 acre lots so that was worth it but this season I already have 10 people signed on and am expecting atleast another 7-8 people.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Kkane97

And the other one I am looking at Lesco 5 hp 30" $275

[​IMG]

4. Kkane97

Any body? After reading over the post again, I realized its a slit seeder, not aerator for some reason I thought it had the rolling hollow tines. But does anyone think the lesco is a good deal?

5. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

Turd, dont get it
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Kkane97

The lesco? I am not looking at the slit seeder at all just the lesco aerator why do you say so?
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. grassman177

awkward to use, tine spacing is horrible....too far apart, and generally just old.

8. Kkane97

Thanks for describing what you saw that was wrong in the machine. Do you have a picture of something that would suit my needs better? To show adequate spacing ect?

9. grassman177

i mean by all means, cheap price, and may run great, but it will beat you to death and you will not get much good in a single, or even double pass.

um, pics, um...........how about a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zialxuP00SY

10. clayslandscape

clayslandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Where are you located?