1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Slit seeders: Feed box in front or rear?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by walker-talker, Jan 19, 2002.

1. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

LGF,

The Mataway comes with 11hp Kohler.

MATT

2. Go for it, sounds like a good price and is a good machine.

Has a few more options than the Lesco, as you can change the reels.

I'm still in search of one that will work good on steeper hills.

Might have to get a 3pt hitch one for that,

3. crs

crs LawnSite Member

I have a Turfco. I bought it this fall and used it on many properties. I was very pleased with the results, however when I buy another seeder it will be self propelled. This thing is a pain to push if you have any slopes to do. It does not matter if you go across them or up and down it is still a pain.

I personally like the sedd hopper in the front. I feel ther is a better chance of seed/soil contact with that setup.

4. G & S LANDSCAPING SERVICE

G & S LANDSCAPING SERVICE LawnSite Member

Thanks ,crs. I am now looking at a lesco self propelled, model, Thanks guys for your input and advice, I am now looking at the MTD-PRO #OS 820 model , Its the same model as the lesco for$3499 ,check out their wed site at WWW.MTDPRO.COM Iwould like to hear your input on this overseeder, and if you think it is a good buy. Thanks for your input, Scott.

5. If it's the same as a Lesco, then I have already comented on it.

6. Rodney Johns

Rodney Johns LawnSite Member

The Ryan is an awesome unit. Probably the best in the Walk behind series although some guys tell me they love the Jacobsen.

The blue bird is $1,670 for the Honda power BTW.

As far as a 3 point style....no one mentioned the Befco. This is the best one out there in my opinion. I do like the Olathe and Sukup brands too.
    The Land pride.......well I would keep some duct tape handy from past experiences with there products. I think they are less expensive for a reason.

Just some options fellas.