1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

slit seeding questions

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by bigw, Apr 5, 2008.

1. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

I have a red combine....but I like green tractors for sure!

I actually don't use the roll bar. When working around trees you might as well just leave it down.

If I die....it must be my time anyway! :laugh:
  2. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

That lawn looks a little thin better use it there.:waving:
  3. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Funny guy! :laugh:

Actually....that is my lawn. You know how it goes.....take'n care of everybody else's lawn and don't get to take care of mine like I should! I don't even mow my own grass....if that isn't sad enough!

We went through a serious drought last year and I lost pretty large areas, so I sprayed gly and started over on my lawn. After I seeded it last fall we barely got any rain. Most of it came up, but is was really late.

Actually considering the conditions it went through... it looks pretty good, but I think that a good fert program will thicken it up great!
  4. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

Rodney i was kiddin with ya, back to the over seeding question, make sure there isnt a thick thatch layer if there is the seed will hang in there in rot. You need to have good seed soil contact. I prefer to punch alot of holes with an aerator, broadcast the seed then slice in two directions. If its over 50% bare i will flail blade dethatch, slice seed and hydroseed.
  5. Envi-Lawn

Envi-Lawn LawnSite Member
    from CT

I agree w/humble1. In CT. Aeration then slice seed diagonally in two directions. I charge $125.-$145./1,000 sq.ft.
  6. Terraformer

Terraformer LawnSite Member

I see you made the change - nice tractor. I sent you a PM.