Slogan Contest!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Soupy, Dec 27, 2003.

1. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

I'm incorporating this thread into this one and am offering a $10 blockbuster gift card for the best slogan for company name "TURF-KING"

So for AMAC is winning with "Your castle deserves royal treatment"

Thanks for posting,
    Soupy

2. Soupy

I know $10 isn't much, But I thought it would get a better turn out then this :(

Soupy

3. chuckwk

chuckwk Founder
    from KC, MO

Great gesture

4. BBS

BBS LawnSite Member

there's million dollar companies that base their whole business on slogans,I doubt somebody will give ya something good... Advice is usually free,ideas usually aren't

Best slogan I've heard.. "call Mr Plow,cause thats my name...That name again is Mr Plow-A"... just steal that one ;)

5. Soupy

I'm not asking for something for free. I offered $10 gift card, but if the winner wants I can make it cash. All I ask, is for you to brain storm for a few minutes. If you spend 5 minutes (which I don't expect you to) that would be $2 a minute.

Thanks,
    Soupy

6. BravesFan

BravesFan LawnSite Member

Are you doing lawn care, home repair, or washing windows with that slogan?

Don't make it all cheesy- midevil...knights, dragons, castles, etc. just because you have the word "king" in it.

Let me brainstorm and post a few 'simple' possibilities.

Dennis

7. BravesFan

BravesFan LawnSite Member

Here are a few:

"It's Your Lawn: It's Our Reputation"

"Carpet For The Outdoors"

"Because Your Lawn Knows The Difference"

"Golf Course Quality Lawns. Clubs Not Included."

"Making Lawns Green...And Neighbors Green With Envy"

I may think of a few more. Emphasize the Turf part. not the word king. Noone cares if you can make a clever analogy to a castle, etc..

Just my .02. When I think of turf...I think of perfectly manicured grass...makes me want to go grab my Taylor Made Firesole Driver. emphasize the turf in your slogan...not king. The king in your business should simply mean "best"...don't try to outthink yourself.

Dennis

P.S. Let me know if you need my mailing address ;)

8. Soupy

BravesFan, Thanks for your input. I totally agree with you and that is one of the reason I wanted the thoughts of many.

I definitely don't want it to be cheesy, But I do want something catchy. You know something that creates brand recognition.

How about this one "We treasure our customers" Is that cheesy?

Soupy

9. Soupy

here is a few of I thought about using before,

"We don't cut Quality" (this is catchy, but could also be misunderstood that we don't offer Quality)
    "Quality Is The Root Of Our Business"
    "Our reputation is Growing"
    "We are growing for you"

Thanks,
    Soupy

10. I don't think that somthing about royalty would be cheesy, but i guess thats just me. I have no clue what my slogan should be so I guess I can't help much.

I thought about naming my biz "King Saul's Lawn Care" and I thought about this slogan.

"We give your lawn the royal treatment"

or somthing like

"Rolling out the green carpet one customer at a time" (doesnt make a lot of sense)

:p