Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by tinmansoccer11, Jul 28, 2004.

1. tinmansoccer11

tinmansoccer11 LawnSite Member

I'm beginning school in the Fall for some landscaping and business classes. In 2 years I'll have my degree. Until then, I plan on having a few mowing jobs. I've been thinking pretty heavily about catchy slogans and such. Is it a good idea to go ahead and use my slogan, even though I'm just a beginner. I was afraid that if I use my slogan now, then the day I become fairly big, people will just remember the young guy w/ only a few pieces of equipment. So what should I do? Thanks.
  2. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi tinmansoccer11,

Go with what you have now and then as you grow you can always change and improve it :)
  3. lickedysplits

lickedysplits LawnSite Member

i say use your slogan now. people will start remembering you by your slogan, and the job you do. and if it's catchy, they will always remember, if you do a great job. i started lickedy splits 30 years ago. it was kind of a catchy name, and as long as your great at what you do, they will remember you. on the down side, if you don't do that great job, they will remember that also, and will probably tell ten people how bad you are. just my opinion. good luck to you, whatever you decide to do.
  4. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Use it or lose it.......
  5. tinmansoccer11

Thanks lickedysplits...I'm glad you said to use it, because I really want to. It is pretty catch, and I think it will work pretty well. I've never had anyone complain about how my work looks, so I think I should be ok in that dept. Thanks.
  6. jaybird

jaybird LawnSite Senior Member

we are always late and we dont do a good job when we get there. just having fun.
  7. tinmansoccer11

jaybird...what the heck does that mean??!!
  8. kbenvironmental

kbenvironmental LawnSite Member

lol... jaybird is offering a tongue-in-cheek slogan, tinman
    It'll work great on customers that don't believe a word you say.
  9. tinmansoccer11

Ah, ok. I get what you're saying now. Had me a little confused! So what is the best way to pick up some more jobs? Flyers? Ads? Word of mouth?
  10. jprince884

jprince884 LawnSite Member

You're welcome to use mine if you like...
    "Let us mow your lawn or we'll f**k your daughter"
    I'm thinking about changing it because it's not working too well.