1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Slope pictures

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by danmc, Jul 3, 2006.

1. danmc

danmc LawnSite Member

Here's some of the slopes I mow...It's hard to tell the steepness by the pictures but they can get nasty sometimes...I do this one with the old 36" belt drive Bobcat walkbehind...

DSCN0618 (600 x 450).jpg
  2. danmc

danmc LawnSite Member

Here's another view....

DSCN0622 (600 x 450).jpg
  3. danmc

danmc LawnSite Member

This is the real nasty one, we call it the b***ch bank... It's way steeper than it looks....

DSCN0620 (600 x 450).jpg
  4. danmc

danmc LawnSite Member

Another view....

DSCN0619 (600 x 450).jpg
  5. danmc

danmc LawnSite Member

Last view for now....

DSCN0621 (600 x 450).jpg
  6. lampeslawnservice

lampeslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Heres some I do with the super Z.

7. danmc

danmc LawnSite Member

That's a decent slope. Our exmark is absolutely horrible on hills. I think it has to do with the bagging system but we never use it without the bagger so I don't know. My friend has a Ferris and it holds hills really well, unfortunately that's just about the only thing it does well...
  8. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Oh yeah those are steep.

I luckily never have to deal with those its all flat here.

Would you charge mor if you have to bring out the wb on a property like that?
  9. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Why would you bag all that acerage?

I know it doesn't matter to you, as I'm sure you get paid by the hour, but...

I would mow much more of those slopes on my old Lazer, and almost all of them on the SuperZ.....it's like a spider on hills.
  10. BFLL

BFLL LawnSite Member

LOL!! Come on guys, thats not a hill.. I could mow that with a push mower. Now I have hills that you can only use weed-eaters. and you have to watch your step so you don't go sliding over the hill.