Slopes

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by A CUT ABOVE, Apr 25, 2001.

1. A CUT ABOVE

A CUT ABOVE LawnSite Member

In the post about advantages between wb's and ztr's, someone said he could mow a 60 or 70 degree slope with a ztr. WRONG!!!
    I did see this the other day. I went to Beaufort, S.C. to hydroseed a pond for a guy. When I got there, he was mowing the banks of an adjacent pond with a John Deere ztr. Now I don't know how many degrees were in the slope or anything, but I do know it looked the same as the slope I was hydroseeding and you had to lean up hill just walk the slope. This guy had a truck up on the hill with one end of a logging chain hooked to it. The other end of the chain was hooked to the ztr about halfway down the slope. The ztr was running with the up hill side tires just hitting the ground every few feet, but they did get the slope cut. Looked as good as if they had tried to do it with weed eaters. Anyone else seen anything like this before?

2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

sounds like it would beat up on the equipment pretty good. it would be easier to hook two chains to a 21 inch mower and go back and forth id think.

3. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

That sounds crazy. That wasnt cooter up in that truck wuz it? Bo and luke running the ztr?

4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

That was Joshua that posted that post and this is what he said. "i can cut any hill a walk behind can, about 65 or 70 degrees with no problem."

We had one member say he could cut a 85 degree slope. I told him it wasn't a slope, that is an almost straight up cliff. Basically it is a wall that is leaning slightly. :)

5. Pauls Mowing

Pauls Mowing LawnSite Member

Last week I cut an acre for a guy, all off it on a 45*. Thats all I want to tackle. Did it with my DR brush mower, glad to get the brush head off and the mower head on.

Paul

6. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

I thought that only batman and the space shuttle could go vertical.

7. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

Eric that post of yours just about put me on the floor, I read that an was laughing so hard it was hurting my stomach. I read his post also that said he could cut as 65 to 70 degrees. Well i sure got a kick out of this one. Marks Mowing Service

8. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

shows how inteligent some people are

9. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

for all you guys that don't believe me, that good for you because you don't think i can, but your wrong, i do the lawn every 4 days and every 4 days i cut it like that. when i get my digital camara i will have my worker take a picture of me cutting it, then you all can go pound salt.

you're lucky i'm not in your area or you would be losing your customers to me. thats all that needs to be said.

its not crazy to cut something like that if your good enough. and i must be if i cut the yard every 4 days vertical on a 65 or 70 degree slope. last week i cut it at a diagonal. if you don't believe don't its your choise but i'm not telling a lie, just the truth.

10. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

Did you take Geometry in school Josh??
    65-70 NO **cking way.