Slow release Liquid fert

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by Brett Thomas, Jul 29, 2012.

1. MV Property Care

MV Property Care LawnSite Member

I use Coron 28-0-0. My Helena rep says it's almost idiot proof. You wont burn any lawn unless you apply in 90 degree heat. I use it for three of the banks I service. Here in Pennslyvania we had a long time with no rain. The first real rain the grass greened right back. It's good stuff.

2. Peachtree Environmental

Peachtree Environmental LawnSite Member

Uflexx 46-0-0 is a great product and if purchased in bulk, you can usually get it for pretty cheap. If you want to apply it foliarly, it will break down easily in a sprayer. It's one of the best products out there IMO. Very safe. As far as Regal, I think they have a foliar product called Harness that is slow-release, but not 100% sure.

3. WestGaPineStraw

WestGaPineStraw LawnSite Senior Member

Yes it's harness, 30-0-0 slow release.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Ace Organics

Ace Organics LawnSite Member

I exclusively use Nitro 30 from Growth products. 85% slow. Never had a burn.
    On some commercial properties I only make 2 applications per year. Great clipping response and reasonable cost. I get it from Grass Roots in northern NJ.

5. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

That is a good (true) slow release but it is not the agrotain. You better leave the clippings because most of the slow release is still on the clippings. If you bag with this product you will not get all that you put down.

6. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

How true. Urea triazone or methylene urea liquid is systemic within the foliage of the grass. Picking up the clippings removes the reservoir of the N.

Agrotain/Hydrexx is simply a nitrification inhibitor. All of the properties of urea including high solubility, leaching, and burn potential are still there.

7. Brett Thomas

Brett Thomas LawnSite Member

Sorry bout the delay on response dropped a 42 tv on my foot this week and shattered my toe and fractured my foot but thanks for all the great info
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

But, How is the TV? :laugh:

Get well soon

9. Brett Thomas

Brett Thomas LawnSite Member

The old grey ton as i now call it survived my toenail not so much