slow release liquid fertilizer.

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by Trav, Apr 22, 2003.

1. Trav

Trav LawnSite Member

So what slow release liquid fertilizer are people using ? and How much is it per gallon/drum/tote? thanks

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Ah.... none. Which begs the question.... WHY? Why not just use a granular?

3. cemars

cemars LawnSite Senior Member

Their are several options available for liquid fertilizer depending on your needs. For small quantities, you can buy 5 gallon cases at lesco of various slow release liquid formulations. You can also buy in drums or by bulk, or by mini bulk skids of about 200 gallons. I have used both Coron (70% slow, available from Helana) and MBN 30 from Moyer in PA. The reasons to use liquid? You can apply fert/pre/post combinations all at once and can custom blend your mix. Plus, a liquid such as Coron offers better results than 75% of the granulars on the market You can also accomplish this with a ride on unit like a Z-Spray or a Perma-Green, but there are times where a tank mix works better (i.e. 2 foot wide strips of grass such as found in shopping centers and office parks and steep hills where it is difficult if not impossible to ride)

4. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I don't understand how a liquid could be slow release? How does it work?

5. Trav

Trav LawnSite Member

Does anyone know the approximate prices of these products if purchase in small and large quantities?