Slowing down for the season?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by geoscaper, Oct 12, 2004.

1. geoscaper

geoscaper LawnSite Member

Does anyone else feel like they are slow for this time of year. I have plenty of leaf cleanups, but usually don't start on those until mid to late nov. I hate when customers feel like this is the time of the year to pack it in for the season. I try to tell people that the fall is the perfect time of the year for renovation of existing landscapes, but i keep hearing i'll just wait until spring. Anybody else running into this?

2. grassman2001

grassman2001 LawnSite Member

This is the dryest fall we have had around here since I have been in the business. This rain we are having tonight is the first in weeks. Just curious, where do you operate in cincy

3. geoscaper

geoscaper LawnSite Member

Based out of western hills, but do work on the east side also. Afew jobs a year in nky too. How about yourself? First rain in about 6-7 weeks.

4. stxkyboy

stxkyboy LawnSite Member

im in northern ky and these last few weeks were the first slow times this year

5. MLI

MLI LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

still going strong!

6. hickory

hickory LawnSite Member

We slowed as well. Picked up about two weeks ago. I think the election had something to do with it and more people were on vacation this year.