Slum Lords

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fostertank, May 31, 2008.

1. fostertank

fostertank LawnSite Member

Wow I truly hate these people. This land lord makes about 1,500 a month off his rentals at this property. He called me to do his lawn 2 months ago and we agreed on a price of 30.00, which was actually a deal. But because he was a jack off and didn’t agree to my contract I didn't cut. Last week I got a call from this guy asking for an estimate. It was the same property, but his father. The grass HASN'T BEEN CUT ALL YEAR. That crap was up to my waist and would take a whole day along with 15-25 fifty-five gallon full garbage bags that I would have to haul off. To be a jerk I told him 200.00 and explained to him that you are approximately 12 cuts behind at roughly 30-40 dollars. It’s not fair that he saves money by allowing the grass to grow to embarrassing lengths. Now look at his wanted ad on craigslist.
    http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/lbg/702477822.html

PS. If he does find somebody who will do it for twenty, I’m defiantly subbing him out for the rest of the year and getting a new job.

2. swordfish

swordfish LawnSite Member

Thats hilarious,I hope some crackhead gets hurt on his property

3. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

The bad thing about it he will probably find some dumba@@ to do it or he could here.

4. zemzabob

zemzabob LawnSite Senior Member

Some people

5. Dirty Sanchez

Dirty Sanchez LawnSite Member

Can you get us some pics of the property. I'd love to see the mess before and after!!:dizzy:

6. the angler

the angler LawnSite Member

man this is a classic cheap lazy pita ......this guy probably drive his new bmw to collect the rent from those people toooo . half the size of a tennis court come one ........if your that cheap do it your self i would round up the words slum lord in the front lawn .....hahahaha

7. Yater

Yater LawnSite Senior Member

Call city code enforcement on him TODAY. They will leave a notice that he must cut the grass within a week. If not, the city will do it for more than your estimate (but they won't clean up...they'll just knock it down and leave it there). Waist-high grass is a code violation in most cities.

8. huskres

huskres LawnSite Senior Member

I spammed his post haha!

9. DiyDave

DiyDave LawnSite Bronze Member

keep him busy answering the phone, ask him all of the dumb questions we have been asked before, it would be a hoot!:cool2:

10. tinman

tinman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ga

Yep, just use the force of gov't to fix your problem.:hammerhead: why not move on to a good customer & not waste time on the PITA's?