Slw15 & 25

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Kiril, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Curious if anyone has used the new wireless weather stations for the Smartline controllers? Thoughts on both models....

2. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

With all the people using this controller no one has used the wireless weather stations?

OK, then perhaps for the sake of the lurkers, let's open up comments on the differences between residential and commercial versions of the weather station other than the bracket and size.

3. Could you send me the link for the wireless. I was unaware they were available. i use a lot of smartlines but we hardwire in.

4. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

5. Size is the difference. I don't think that wireless is availible yet. They are releasing prototypes for testing is my understanding.

6. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Also, third link down titled "SmartLine Brochure" has reference to all 4 versions of the SLW

7. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

I know the size is different, what I'm curious about is what are the advantages of the larger size for the COM station over the RES version? There is nothing clearly stating any difference between the two in terms of function. My suspicion is accuracy?

Basically is it worth spending the extra scratch for a COM version because I'm comparing the two for a possible install on a rental property?

Normally I would just go with my default ICC, but given the problems associated with this particular property in terms of management, I'm opting to go with the more maint. free approach this time.

8. We use the smaller since we are all residential and it makes the hookup easier due to the gutter attachment. I will call my rep tuesday and see if any accuracy issues or other advantages exist on the larger version. I would stick with the slw 10 for your purposes. Also I would use the hardwire version until we locals of WM are convinced their are no bugs left in the wireless version. Make sure you get the most up to date SL controller. It will have a sticker on the auto adjust side that needs to be removed. Has all the bugs known as of today fixed. I'm really interested in your opinion of this timer. Give it a chance!

9. They jumped the gun. Also get the SL 1600 the SL 8 is kinda flimsy.

10. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

I wouldn't consider anything below the SL1600 as an option for any system. :)