Smal Landscaping help

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by no_Wedge, Mar 24, 2011.

1. no_Wedge

no_Wedge LawnSite Member

I have this small area next to the house (cement slab) which I am wanting to landscape with something that will add some appeal. I live in lubbock, tx so zone 7 and it stays pretty dry here, so things that can tolerate heat and some drought. I want to fill the whole area pretty much, but leave room for the faucet. It is ~12ft at back and ~6ft at front Any ideas are greatly appreciated.
  2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

If this is a south exposure in Lubbock--if it ever gets over a hundred where you live...LOL! You need something suitable to the climate. Astroturf comes to mind. I see Bermuda in the foreground. Ask your Texas experts.
  3. no_Wedge

no_Wedge LawnSite Member

yes it is south exposure, sometimes in late july it gets over 100 yes that is common bermuda in the yard, but I am wanting something to stand out in this bed.
  4. tlc1994

tlc1994 LawnSite Senior Member

Landscape fabric beneath, landscape rock, and cacti. Easy. Simple. Just my .02 :cool2:
  5. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

a cactus and two hombres taking a siesta . i couldnt resist.
  6. Falcon50EX

Falcon50EX LawnSite Senior Member
    from GA

Unless I missed something you can do any almost any southern plant. It all depends on how much work you would like to do. You have water run a drip on a timer remove all that dead soil and replace with some good stuff. Place a Y on the hose and place another spicket at the edge or side.
    Good luck you could do this in one day with out a problem.