1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Small belt wb's...price shopping

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by yardboyltd, Aug 1, 2002.

1. yardboyltd

yardboyltd LawnSite Senior Member

Most guys get there wb before there first Z, however I'm a little backwards. Got Gravely 260z begginning of this season b.c of the larger accounts. Good news is that I paid it off in the first 2.5 months!! Anyways, I want a small wb for a solid setup. It'd be used for smaller yards and gated backs.

1. I'm leaning towards a 36"
    2. Most likely gear driven b.c this will not be the primary mower and hydro doesn't seem ecnomical for a wb that size.
    3. I like the exmarks metros's alot.
    4. I've been turned into a gravely fan also.
    5. I did a search on ECS, and I like what I heard.
    6. I'm in no hurry to buy one till next season, so I watching for deals till then.

So guys, when can I get the best deal, maybe this winter? Also what is a 36" metro ECS 15hp going for in your area? I've searched and found $2100... I'd like to get the best deal possible.

I also heard the new Gravely 36" is a tank, how much does that go for? The only down side is pistol grips for me... I also like those Hustlers, I just dont' think I need hydro... but would they run for?

Thanks, if you guys hear of any good deals let me know.

2. Tony Harrell

Tony Harrell LawnSite Senior Member

If you're wanting it for gated yards, consider a 32. I haven't found a gate I couldn't get through yet. I'll probably always have it unless the Hustler Gatemaster turns out to be all it's promissed to be.