small buisness credit card

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by jacob land and, May 11, 2006.

1. jacob land and

jacob land and LawnSite Member

i just applied for 2 personal credit cards and was wondering how you go about getting a small buisness credit card? i imagine you have to have a personal credit card for a while (these will be my first 2), but do you have to have a buisness number, be able to prove you pay taxes on your buisness, anything like that? or do you just have to have good personal credit?

2. GreenUtah

GreenUtah LawnSite Senior Member
    from SLC, UT

you will need to get your business registered and obtain a TIN for it. Once you do that, you can begin to build it's profile through cards and accounts with your suppliers. Expect to personally guarantee these accounts for a long time to come, but in the long run, you'll get it to stand on it's own feet, credit wise.

3. Budget

Budget LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa.

You need credit cards to get credit but use these wisely, credit card intrest is a rip off. If you can go get a line of credit at your bank at like 7%, I had a line a credit with my bank for years and works out well for me.

4. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

These "line's of credit" is a wonderfull thing.

I never did do Business credit card. Just being a DBA. the credit still falls under the owners name.

5. jhastrello

jhastrello LawnSite Member

As soon as I completed my Incorporation papers, I started getting offers for them. Again, it's for the most part going to be 'personal', based upon your credit history and your ability to repay.