Small Claims Court

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by calvinslawnservices, Sep 9, 2010.

1. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

sounds to me like the definition of improvement is the sticking point. Not sure how this whole thing works but consider this. If you go to a house where the grass is 2 feet tall and you mow it, trim around all the obstacles, edge off the walkways....is that an improvement?

2. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

No, because it has to increase the property value to be an improvement. I posted a few posts up the "Legal" definition of an improvement as it pertains to property law.

3. LushGreenLawn

Hey guys....I just want to add to this whole thing....I am not trying to offend or piss you guys off. I am passionate about the law, and I enjoy debating this kind of thing. I hope there are no hard feelings.

4. calvinslawnservices

calvinslawnservices LawnSite Senior Member

Just to let everyone, that me and the guy have settled on the issue.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. the ace

the ace LawnSite Member
    from usa

Please tell me it was the round-up balloon that solved the issue!

6. calvinslawnservices

calvinslawnservices LawnSite Senior Member

No, I wish. Lol. I just decided to drop it and move on. There is another lawn service doing the lawn, I stopped by and warned him. It was a guy with a push mower working out of his car
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Would you pay 500k for a house in a neighborhood where people didn't mow their grass?
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. LushGreenLawn

I see your point, but that still does not make it fit the "Legal" definition of improving a property. Lawncare is maintenance.

I'm ready to put this issue to bed. I guess I rest my case...

9. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

Legal definitions are about interpretation. That is what judges are for...my ruling is for the engineer.

10. Will P.C.

Will P.C. LawnSite Senior Member

I just wanted to know when you passed your State Bar.

Also, what do you mean you have an extensive law background?

I believe the reason you think your right is because of the lawyers website you linked to earlier in this thread.
    He is from PA and the law might be different. The laws vary from state to state in case you did not realize that