Small Engine Opinions anyone?

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by tbhaney, Aug 18, 2006.

1. tbhaney

tbhaney LawnSite Member

I'm looking at a couple of pressure washers for general cleanup stuff. Found 2 at same price, most of the guts are pretty much the same but one has a 9hp Honda GX270 and the other the Subaru Robin EX-27 (also 9hp). Does anyone have experience with these lines of engines or have any idea if one should be a better buy for the same money?

2. MowerMedic77

MowerMedic77 LawnSite Bronze Member

Go with the GX series Honda if for nothing more then the many years of solid performance of this line and the availability of parts and dealer support.
    Hope this helps:)

3. 1bsman

1bsman LawnSite Member

I vote for the S/R. They build bulletproof motors but don't carry H's market share. Years back were sold under the Wisconsin Robin name if that rings a bell? Very industrial quality. Nothing against H, but my S/R motors will start quickly after months (or years) of not being run.

4. tbhaney

tbhaney LawnSite Member

I bought the Honda, but I have heard nothing but good about the Robin engines. I wound up looking at replacement parts/engine availability. Honda won out in that category.

Thanks.

5. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Robins have been around for a long time. Honda's are good engines though. I think you chose wisely.