1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Small equipment theft...Well I got it today...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Heron Cove PM, Nov 5, 2003.

1. Heron Cove PM

Heron Cove PM LawnSite Member

The serial ring of string trimming, backpack blowing, chainsaw stealing -------- got me today! I went to hook up to my enclosed trailer and they had broke in stealing 2 brand new string trimmers, a new backpack blower an old chainsaw and 2 old hedge trimmers. Here's the kicker! You can see where they tried to cut the lock off on the side door and failed. So, they cut the hasp off the rear door taking the locked locks with them! They stole ALL the equipment from the racking system in my trailer that didn't have secondary locks on them. Those cheap little old .15 cent locks that come with the racking system...you know, the ones you can bite in half with your teeth?

So, it cost me a 1/2 a days work and 90 bucks to get the hasp put back on my trailer so I could secure the rear door just to tow the dumb thing! Not to mention the $$$$$ worth of equipment they stole.

So, Look out! The stories are true!

Montgomery County, Maryland:angry:
  2. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

THey got one of my Redmax 7000's last week - THose --------:angry:
  3. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

I know this is sort of sadistic but, doesn't it make you feel like bating one of those bas-ards in with a c-4 packed piece of equipment, then set it off by remote control and watch the carnage on the evening news.
  4. Cheesedawg1

Cheesedawg1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Turfdude were in South Jersey. Im here also and im wondering where your stuff got stolen. Ill be careful
  5. George777

George777 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

They got one of my trimmers a few weeks ago, while on the job site.
  6. TreffertLawnWrx

TreffertLawnWrx LawnSite Senior Member

Just a little note about setting people up, when i was In high school I had a elaborate (waste of money I think now) stereo system. the word was that some kid from another town was going to steal it. One night my dog started barking and I got this funny feeling and sure heck there was the hoodlum. I decided to wait until he got the subs out of the bed of my truck before I acted. I ended up going aroud my house and sneaking up on him behind our retaining wall. I proceeded to take out his legs and beat him senseless with a golf club(mind you I was very careful not to hurt him too bad). with my luck a couple of fists to the head knocked him out. I pulled his body out next to the road and called the cops saying someone got hit by a car! The word got around what happened and no one ever tried anything like that to me or any of my friends. True Story! Honest, I even have a copy of the police report!!
  7. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

TLC9, You are a true American. I salute you.
  8. lawnmowermannh

lawnmowermannh LawnSite Member

I too had some equipment stolen once. Now I have an alarm system in my tralier. Have not had a problem since
  9. Cheesedawg1

Cheesedawg1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I would be scared as hell if i lived on your block TLC9!
  10. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah I noticed the other day a chainsaw was missing. What's kind of ironic is that we all know who is doing the theft around here, we even made reports and gave the guys plate#. Sad thing is, that the cops can't do anything unless he is caught with stolen property in his possession. It's the damn people that are buying the stuff that really kills us. :angry: