1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Small Hunter spray body w/nozzle.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by jcom, Sep 9, 2006.

1. jcom

jcom LawnSite Senior Member

I ran into some small Hunter spray bodies about 1" in diameter with van nozzles fixed to the stem. Only numbers I can find are 2 and then 02 around the nozzle. I figure those are the manufacture dates but I have not seen these before. Pops up about 4" and adjusts to 360 degrees easily.

Why make these when Hunter makes a 15 van for a regular 4" body?

2. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

We use Rainbird 1800, and our competitors use either RB 1800 or Hunter Pro Sprays, so I haven't seen those yet.

I see the appeal for the LCO to stock a few, as he wouldnt' have to find a nozzle when they nail a sprayhead with a edger.
  3. jcom

jcom LawnSite Senior Member

Yep, DW, those are the ones.

I still don't know why these would have more appeal than a regular spray body with interchangeable van nozzles.

4. greenscapes inc.

greenscapes inc. LawnSite Member
    from Utah

They are much cheaper. I dont like them because you cant just replace the nozzle. If it gets hit with a trimmer then you have to replace the whole pop up
  5. bdb

bdb LawnSite Member

One of the nice things is the bigger filter. It's much, much larger that the sprays with screw on nozzles. They don't plug as fast. And of course they are cheaper. But not a regular choice of mine.
  6. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

PS04's are a fact of life here in this market. I'm just thankful they finally increased in price some over the last few years. It wasn't that long ago, I could buy them for a buck a piece. An RB1800 or Pro-Spray body was around a $1.75 plus the nozzle. Almost anything you could say bad about a 4" spray head can be said about this model. They clog easily (despite the screen), the screens were prone to break at the bottom shoulder and then the screen shoots up inside the head and shuts the head off, a residential walking mower running over the head can close the nozzle once you have a little wear on the head, the top of the head is prone to flight durring winterizations under low pressures and if you hit the system with high pressure air, they are great rockets! almost as good as the nelson spray heads.
  7. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Yee-ha!!! Fireworks at winterization time! :)

INVOICE: "Dear Mr./Mrs. Smith... You had crappy sprinklers installed and they became missiles during winterization. Please set up an appointment for spring start-up and we'll gladly replace them with professional grade sprinklers at a special price." :laugh: