Small install

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by lawncare3, Apr 26, 2006.

1. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Thank you zimbob

Sheshovel what would you change

2. Badgerz

Badgerz LawnSite Member

Is that what they wanted? I don't like it at all. I mean it looks like you did good work but the look with the big stones is not good. Just my opinion of course.

3. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

yea but the small stones go every where and hit your mower blades a f*** them up i like the big stone better and its big river stone i think. maybe its just me i think it looks pretty good.

4. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

well if the customer likes it it really doesnt matter because if they like it than thats all that matters.

5. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

No that is NOT all that matters..reputation and building a good one matters alot..and if Sheshovel likes it or not matters too.
    Well I would NOT use that edging AT ALL..maybe edge with some of the same stone but big ones..or cut an edge with a shovel,I wouldent make the beds like that at all..imagine the difficulty mowing into those points where the beds go together.I would have made wide sweeping beds rather than roundy circular ones,where they start and stop so abruptly into points..lemmie mess with one of your picks and see if I can show you.

6. sheshovel

Can't get my computer to save it for some reason.Do you know what I mean by my verbal explination?

7. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

I've gotta say that I'm not a big fan of edging being so visible, unless it looks more natural(larger rocks, bricks, etc.) And the inside corners are tough and like shshovel said "come to a point." Smooth edges are always easier to work with. JMO

8. Bustus

Bustus LawnSite Member

It doesn't look horrible, but I guess it doesn't look great either. What was said about the edging coming to a point will make is difficult, or near impossible to cut. Ive been in the position where customers want something that I think is hideous. I try to convince them otherwise. If it's in the back or where not many people will see it, I'll do what they want with my advice, but if its in clear view, I will really push to change the design.
    It's not that bad.

9. BigChaz

BigChaz LawnSite Member

The way that the rocks and mulch just sit right next to each other with the edging in between it looks bad IMO

10. sheshovel

Ok see this would have eliminated the extreem points and flower your work better visually

4.jpg