Small landscape job price ????

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by lawnman_scott, Dec 10, 2003.

1. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

We have to move 2 rows of hedges about 30 feet long out 3 feet each to make room for a flower planter box. then spread 5 yards of red mulch, and replace annual flowers with impations. Then plant a 10-15 foot elm tree in a flowerbed. The elm is there, but have to buy the rest. What, on average would you charge?

2. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

What size are the hedges? Is the elm planted and you have to dig it out and replant it? Need more info

Mac

3. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

How old / large are the hedges?
    What are you using to move them?
    Is the mortality rate of the plants considered?
    Are you using an anti transpirant in the tranplant process?
    Like Mac said, do you have to move the Elm?
    The only thing I can tell you from what you have listed is $ 300.00 for the mulch, delivered and spread.
    Please give some more specifics of the site and equipment you are going to use.

4. lawnman_scott

elms in a pot, the hedges are small, onr row 4 ft and the other 2.

5. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Without seeing the hedge and your design, why does the whole row have to be moved? Cant you just remove the ones that are in the way and incorporate the planterbox into the hedge row?

6. workaholic

workaholic LawnSite Senior Member

To remove and transplant hedges depending on type and size is one thing labor is another you dont specify if your digging them by hand or machine I suspect you will need a machine to transplant elm tree because you wont be able to dig it buy hand and if you do I feel sorry for you because you wont be able to move it with out proper equitment sounds to me like you should leave it up to a professonal and move on

7. lawnman_scott

I was just trying to see what others would say for a price. If you were a professional reader, you would know that the elm was "in a pot" The job is done, took 2 people 10 hours.

8. KindGardener

KindGardener LawnSite Member

Scott,

What's your estimate?

9. lawnman_scott

I charged $1150

10. workaholic

workaholic LawnSite Senior Member

Dont get me wrong i wasnt trying to be cocky scott were here to help each other but you didnt explan your job you said plant a 10 to 15ft elm the elm is there I thought it needed to be transplanted to another location oh well hope you made some money on the project by the way didnt go to school to be a professional reader....