Small Machine for Installing Wire????

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by aquamtic, Oct 24, 2006.

1. aquamtic

aquamtic LawnSite Senior Member

Wondering what some are using for a small machine to trench and lay in wire. We use our Ditch Witches but way to big most of the times to get into places for lighting.

Troybilt has a small Edger/Trencher, but will only trench 2". To shallow for me!

2. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

3. aquamtic

100SX still to big and I would never own one if it was given to be. Did a demo on one and hate it!

4. Dirty Water

Theres a company that makes a really small tracked vibratoy plow, burkeen maybe? I don't remember.

5. Dirty Water

Actually, I think it was LineWard.

6. NY Landscape Lighting

NY Landscape Lighting LawnSite Member

we have an older version of this machine, works pretty well. I have seen their newer version and it is much nicer than ours. Maybe next year.
    http://www.dogfencetrencher.com/

7. aquamtic

This is exactly what I'm looking for!! Somthing small enough to get into places and trenched deep enough.

ANyone else using something different?

8. Mike M

Mike M LawnSite Bronze Member
    from usa

Dog fences only need to be a couple of inches under (up to three inches). For my own dog fence I used a stick edger to cut the turf and a hand tool/edger to cut the trench a little more.

Was wondering myself what the outdoor lighting trade uses for larger areas around the foundation, etc. The whole thing six inches by hand?

Mike

9. lx665

lx665 LawnSite Member

I have a blade that fits on my Brown Bed Edgers. It will trench 6-6 inches. The blade is around 3/4 of an inch wide.

John

10. extlights

extlights LawnSite Senior Member