Small Mobile Air Compressor

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Mike's Lawn Care, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Mike's Lawn Care

Mike's Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Hey that looks great. On the inverter can you explain to me about it and way such a big one, compared to a wal-mart $20 small one that is about 8inx8in compared to your 2ftx3ft converter. Thanks For The Input

2. Mike's Lawn Care

Yes just for tires. All my air tools are 18v Dewart Impact Drives....

3. Chop Stuff Up

Chop Stuff Up LawnSite Senior Member

Guessing it's about 6 inches deep and 1.5 feet wide. I just happened to get a good deal at an auction and I liked the fact that it had a branch output circuit to run the external outlets. No way a $20 inverter will run a compressor even half this size, they draw a lot of power.

4. Mike's Lawn Care

Thanks for the info. I thought that was the issue with the power draw but wasn't sure.

5. CLS LLC

CLS LLC LawnSite Senior Member

6. mule585

mule585 LawnSite Member

I have a 2gal Campbell hausfeld that I run off a 400w inverter plugged in to the cigarette plug of my truck the compressor sits on the back seat most of the time but also fits in my tool box ill post pics later in the morning cuz the power went out bout an hr ago n I'm on my phone n can't figure out how to post them from it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Hawg City Lawns

Hawg City Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

around here guys mount two 5 gallon tanks to their trailer look at the gauges before you leave in the morning if they need filling fill them up

another thing... a lot of gas stations around here have free air so fill up gas tanks then fill up air tanks all in one stop

8. mule585

mule585 LawnSite Member

heres the pics of my compressor. i got it at lowes but i know tractor supply has them and they are not very expensive

IMAG0111.jpg

IMAG0112.jpg

IMAG0114.jpg

9. mow4cash

mow4cash LawnSite Member

That's great the little 400 will run it. What hp is the compressor?

10. Mike's Lawn Care

Man that look great. I like how it snaps in to the floor of your truck. I have a Wal-Mart cheep one and it does not snap down and it is always moving.