Small mowers for fenced areas?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by brettmc, May 10, 2004.

1. brettmc

brettmc Banned

What small mower are you guys using for the fenced and gated backyard? My JD 22" walkbehind is starting to cost me time and money...I'm thinking about replacing it. I would love to step up to something with with a 25-30" inch cut but haven't seen anything in a commercial-grade at dealers, everything's 36" and above. Any clues would be appreciated!!

Brett:cool:

2. EMackIV

EMackIV LawnSite Member

Gravely makes a 34" ZTR

3. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Billy goats has a 26" walkbehine. The also is the steath mower. Is very cheap and is 33" wide with 3 blades.

4. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

billy goat has 33" mower for 1400 in my area, exmark, toro, gravely, all make 32" mowers i believe. and gravely makes the 34" z cutter like said about. If i were to buy a 32" mower i'd probably get the billy goat, nice and cheap.

5. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

Encore has a 26" with a welded deck (not stamped). It looks sturdy from the specs.
    I'm trying to get my deaoler to get his distributer to get one for me to see. Why do they expect us to buy stuff from a picture?

6. fourseasonlawns

fourseasonlawns LawnSite Member

a competitor has a stealth 33. I'm looking at a sutech 33. encore has a 26 i think. most all of these guys have them, but none carry any in stock. they push the larger mowers. Try to talk to the reps and not the dealer. Dealers try to sell what they have in stock. I found that if you can get in touch with the reps, they tend to help you out a lot more.