Small mowers, Whatcha got?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Swampbeast, Nov 6, 2002.

?

Small mowers, whatcha got?

1. Honda

21 vote(s)
    18.6%
  2. Toro

33 vote(s)
    29.2%
  3. Lawnboy

18 vote(s)
    15.9%
  4. John Deere

12 vote(s)
    10.6%
  5. Other

29 vote(s)
    25.7%
  1. Swampbeast

Swampbeast LawnSite Senior Member

Hey! I want to know, what type of small (20-24 inch models) mowers do ya'll use? I use a good ole Toro right now. Thinking about getting an Exmark Metro. We shall see.

:cool:

2. we have toro and honda 21's
    The exmark 21's are same as toro with less engine options and they dont have the recylcer kickers under the deck

3. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

I've always had good luck with the Lawnboys, even when I was 10 years old pushing my mower from house to house. Change the plug once a year, clean the air filter periodically, and not much else needs to be done. I have three, one of which I believe is from the early 70's. We still use it several times a week. You can't kill those things! Mike

4. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I've got a Snapper. A buddy of mine is a snapper dealer so I get a pretty good deal on them. They are built well.

5. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

Lawnboy here, 2-stroke runs good.

6. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

What are kickers?

7. ilovethisgame

ilovethisgame LawnSite Member

21" Toro proline 2 cycle w/ bbc. If you can find a better 21" mower buy it, or come back to reality and just buy the proline.

-Dave:D

8. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

An old two stroke lawnboy, came out of an old lady's basement, had never been started, brand new in box, put away for many years. Nice and light, starts easy. But I have to carry another gas can.
    Crawdad

9. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

You mean that you don't have any other 2 stroke equipement? My LawnBoy runs fine on Amsoil 100:1. Ignore that 32:1 recommendation, unless you want to periodically decarbon the exhaust port.

50:1 Echo oil reduced the carbon buildup frequency significantly. The Amsoil, so far has eliminated it.

I have ONE MIX tank for ALL 2 stroke. From the 16:1 chainsaw to the string trimmer/edger/blower, and Lawnboy.

I too used to have seperate mix tanks....Those days are long gone.

10. Lawn-N-Garden Guy

Lawn-N-Garden Guy LawnSite Senior Member

I use a ten year old 5hp Toro GTS Bagger self-propelled with electric start and a clutch ,bought it brand new ,went thru 2 sets of reardrive wheels,it has a suzuki 4 stroke and havn't had any problems sept a valve cover gasket,I give it a ten on the scale.

The one We use the most is a Toro Personal Pace mulcher/side discharge 6hp rear wheel,
    Not a bad mower for the money,Don't think I'll buy another.

Think I'll own an Emark Metro in the spring.