small mowing accident

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jeffyr, Jun 12, 2001.

1. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

I just read an AP news story about a woman who was hit in the chest by a flying nail shot by her lawnmower. See below :

In Saginaw, Mich., Thursday, June 7, 2001, Dana holds the bra she was wearing shen she was hit in the chest by a 1 1/2-inch nail that shot out from under her mower and punctured her right breast in Frankenmuth, Mich., Thursday. Doctors say the injury would have been far worse had it not been for extra padding in Colwell's 'liquid-curved' bra.

Don't forget the liquid curved cup we men should be wearing !!! Can't be too careful !

jeffyr :D
  2. ron

ron LawnSite Senior Member

OUCH That hurts
  3. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Can never be too careful although you never know what you might hit. I hit one of those marker flags last Thursday. Would you believe the darn thing shot out and somehow ended up going thru the outside sidewall of the rear tire? Ended up using fix-a-flat so I could finish up the day, but wound up buying a new tire as I really never realized how dangerous that stuff really is and didn't want to plug it. I'll never use fix a flat again! Guess I'm lucky it was the tire and not my leg.